Dr. Venkata Sriram Gutta
Consultant Pediatrician & Neonatologist
MBBS, DCH (Diploma in Child Health), DNB (Paediatrics),
IAP fellowship in Neonatology
- Dr. Venkata Sriram did his MBBS from Alluri Sitarama Raju Academy of Medical Sciences, Eluru from 2006 – 2012.
- He pursued his Diploma in Child Health from Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Foundation between 2012 – 2014.
- He completed his DNB (Paediatrics) from Prestigious institute Kanchi kama Koti Childs Trust hospital (KKCTH), Chennai in June 2016.
- He has also done his IAP fellowship in Neonatology from Ankura Hospital under the mentorship of Dr. Aparna. C (Clinical Director and senior consultant Neonatology, KIMS Cuddles).
- He also completed his Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Advanced Life support (NALS) training.
- He has also completed his training in IAP basic certificate course in Paediatric Pain and Palliative care.
- Completed the course on Neonatology based on “Pediatrics in Review” (American Academy of Pediatrics) from August 2020 to December 2020.
- He also accomplished and did Post Graduate Program in Pediatric Nutrition (PGPN) from Boston.
- Completed Senior Residency from Government hospital, Eluru.
- Worked as Junior Consultant in Paediatrics at Blossoms Children Hospital, Guntur from June 2017 to May 2018.
- Pursued IAP fellowship in Neonatology from Ankura Hospital KPHB from June 2018 to August 2019.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Paediatrics at Alluri Sitarama Raju Academy of Medical Sciences from September 2019 to August 2021. He was in charge of the NICU at ASRAM and contributed to the development of the unit.
- He has been awarded 3rd place in the IAP fellowship in the Neonatology exit examination at the national level.
- He was awarded Prof. Meherban Singh Gold medal for his Paper presentation in Neonatology at National NEOCON 2020 at Trissur, Kerala.
Expertise in Neonatology:
- Experienced in level 3 NICU care including managing extreme preterm’s (25 weeks and above) babies weighing as low as 500grams, growing premies, as well as sick, asphyxiated, and ventilated babies.
- Trained in invasive and various non-invasive modes of ventilation along with High-Frequency Oscillation (HFO) Ventilation, as well as using inhaled Nitric Oxide treatment
- Trained in Total body cooling for Asphyxiated newborns.
- Ability to independently execute various NICU procedures like intubation, surfactant administration (INSURE and LISA), umbilical arterial & vein catheterization, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial line placement, ICD (Intercostal drainage) insertion, Abdominal paracentesis, TPN preparation, and double volume & partial exchange transfusion.
- Trained and experienced in neonatal resuscitation as per NRP guidelines.
- Experienced in coordinating the safe transport of critically ill NICU babies.
- He has been part of the team at ASRAM hospital where an extremely rare tumor mass in neonates (Sacrococcygeal teratoma) weighing more than 2kgs was successfully operated on and managed.
- He also implemented many infection control protocols and practices and managed many sick ventilated babies
- Early versus standard fortification of human milk among preterm very low birth weight neonates – An open-label Randomized Control Trial.
- An Unusual Neonate with Hypopigmentation and Gut Dysmotility- A case report.
- Comparison of HFNC and nCPAP in management of bronchiolitis in infants and young children at a tertiary care setup Published in October 2020.
- A study on the clinical spectrum, outcome and follow up of infant born to a COVID-19 positive mother in a tertiary care hospital: A prospective cohort study.
- An interesting case report of Sacrococcygeal teratoma.
Key areas of interest:
His key areas of interest are neonatal level 3 intensive care including HFOV and Total body cooling, infection prevention and control practices, Postnatal Nutrition, Kangaroo Mother Care, and Developmental supportive care for Preterm babies. He has a keen interest in academics and guiding neonatology fellowship students.
Registration with Professional Bodies:
- Life member of Indian Academy of Paediatrics
- Life member of IAP Neonatology chapter
- Life member of National Neonatology forum
- Registered with Andhra Pradesh Medical council
- Registered as Neonatal Advanced life support trainer