Dr. Aravinda Lochani T
Consultant Neonatologist and Pediatrician
MBBS, DNB (Pediatrics), Fellowship in Neonatology (NNF)
Dr. Aravinda Lochani has completed her Fellowship in Neonatology (recognized by National Neonatology Forum) in 2021 from Ankura Hospital for Women & Children, KPHB. She completed her DNB (Pediatrics) in 2014 from South Central Railway Hospital, Lallaguda, Secunderabad. She completed her MBBS from Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 2010 (affiliated to Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences).
- Registered member of Telangana State Medical Council
- Registered member of Medical Council of India
- Registered life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Registered life member of National Neonatology Forum (NNF)
- She is experienced in working across various corporate and government establishments in Hyderabad in the field of Pediatrics and Neonatology. She is also trained in PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support). After her Post-graduation, she completed her Senior Residency at Niloufer Hospital for women and child health, Hyderabad.
- After working as a Registrar in Pediatrics in Rainbow Hospital, Citizens Hospital, and Ankura Hospital, she worked as a Junior Consultant – Pediatrics in Care Hospital, Hitech city.
- In view of special interest in Neonatology, she pursued a fellowship course in Neonatology from Ankura Hospital for women and children KPHB.
Expertise in Neonatology:
- Experienced in independently treating all kinds of level 3 NICU babies including extreme preterms (25 weeks and above), growing preterms as well as sick, asphyxiated, and ventilated babies
- Trained in invasive and various non-invasive modes of ventilation as well as using inhaled Nitric Oxide.
- Ability to independently execute various NICU procedures like intubation, surfactant administration (INSURE and LISA), umbilical arterial & vein catheterization, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial line placement, ICD (Intercostal drainage) insertion, Abdominal paracentesis, TPN preparation, and double volume & partial exchange transfusion
- Experienced in executing neonatal resuscitation as per NRP guidelines
- Experienced in coordinating the safe transport of critically ill NICU babies from various peripheral hospitals
- Early versus standard fortification of human milk among preterm very low birth weight neonates – An open-label Randomized Control Trial
- Proximal Jejunal Atresia in a neonate with ambiguous genitalia- A case report published in Neopearls (April-June 2020)
- Digital pre-gangrene in extreme preterm treated with low molecular weight heparin-Poster presentation done in IAP TCB PEDICON 2020